Website Advice for Waste Haulers
Maximize Your Website for TrashBolt
Looking to update your website? Based on our experience with TrashBolt online signup, we have compiled some suggestions for website design and layout. These suggestions are here to help maximize the potential of your TrashBolt online signup system.
Your Call to Action (CTA) Button
Please put your CTA “Sign Up Online” button above the fold and easily seen. This means the user shouldn’t have to scroll to find it. If it’s too hard to find, chances are the user will leave and look elsewhere for service. Provide your users with the shortest path possible to the signup form.
Suggested CTA text:
Nowadays people use more than just a desktop to consult the internet, they use their mobile devices, tablets and laptops.This means your website needs to be accessible from each of those devices and responsive design does exactly that.
So, take a look at your website and ask yourself the following questions:
Does my design resize itself correctly on…
Alright, Google “garbage service near me.” What do you see? Does your company show up under the paid ads or even on the first page? If it doesn’t, then there’s room for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) improvement. SEO begins with the design of your website. Designing your website from the ground up with SEO in mind will make it easier for your customers to find you and sign up for service.
Websites designed for optimal search engine rankings rely on several key factors. Among these elements are:
- Site Load Speed
- Site Content (Copy/Text) (keywords and phrases)
- Responsive Design Capabilities
- Elements that promote dwell time (ex: Videos)
- Internal and External Links
Bonus! Here are some helpful questions to go through when creating or updating your website:
- Is my website easy to navigate and attractive?
- Does your website’s color scheme match your brand/company colors? (ex: Logo)
- Is your main CTA button above the fold or will it be if/once TrashBolt is installed?
- Is your text easy to read and give enough information to the user?
- Does your website use the same icon styles, unified graphics (buttons, illustrations) and typography (2-3 fonts) throughout the site?
- Is your web design responsive across devices for each of the following:
- Are all your images high quality and web optimized, including your logo?
- Is your site set up to maximize your SEO ranking?
- Does your site include easy-to-find contact information?
- Does your site include links to your social media pages OR a way to share across social media?